We believe that a client has the right to:
- Competent representation by an attorney who has the legal knowledge, skill, and mental, emotional and physical ability to properly, diligently, and efficiently represent the client per the highest standards of the profession.
- An attorney’s advice at the outset of representation regarding the advantages and disadvantages of various courses of conduct, including alternatives to litigation.
- Have an attorney’s independent, professional judgment, uncompromised by any conflict of interest.
- Be charged a reasonable fee and to receive, at the outset, an explanation of the billing procedures and how the fee will be calculated. The right to receive honest and clear billing statements. If the fee is on an hourly basis, the right to receive monthly written statements sets forth each attorney’s rate of compensation and the time expended for each task.
- Be kept reasonably informed regarding the status of the matter the attorney is working on and to receive all significant documents so that the client can participate meaningfully. The attorney and client should be members of the same team!
- Have all questions and concerns addressed in a timely manner and to have telephone calls returned promptly.
- Privacy in all dealings with the attorney and to have all confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- An attorney who is a member in good standing with the bar and who conducts herself ethically and in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.